Thursday, March 18, 2004

Radiohead: Hail to the Thief

Radiohead : Hail to the ThiefI'm so stupid. It was in the end a simple HTML code. Instead, I wasted half an hour futzing with something more complicated resulting in broswer window behavior that I didn't want. Anyway, click on picture on the left for the expected result.

Blissless was right. I don't like Radiohead. Well, as least most of the songs in their Hail to the Thief album. Neverthless, of the ones she thought I would like, here are my brief comments:

3. Sail to the Moon. (Brush the Cobwebs Out... (Greenwood/Greenwood/OBrien/Selway/Yorke) - 4:18
mellow ... melodic ... OK, but I didn't enjoy it as much as she thought I would

6. Where I End and You Begin. (The Sky Is... (Greenwood/Greenwood/OBrien/Selway/Yorke) - 4:29
nice beat ... OK

9. There There. (The Boney King of Nowhere.) (Greenwood/Greenwood/OBrien/Selway/Yorke) - 5:23
nice beat ... could do without the vocal ... my favorite of the six

10. I Will. (No Man's Land.) (Greenwood/Greenwood/OBrien/Selway/Yorke) - 1:59
pace too slow ... too depressing ... ugh!

11. A Punchup at a Wedding. (No no no no no no (Greenwood/Greenwood/OBrien/Selway/Yorke) - 4:57
nice beat but pace is slow

13. Scatterbrain. (As Dead As Leaves.) (Greenwood/Greenwood/OBrien/Selway/Yorke) - 3:21
started promising but ...
In all, I probably like them better without any of the vocal accompaniments. At least Radiohead sounds less intense than Fuel, closeyoureyes's favorite. I wonder if age has anything to do with this, the older I get, the more mellow my music gets. Any funeral music recommendations?

Anyway, thanks Blissless for intruducing me to Radiohead. Hey, at least I tried.

No comments: