Friday, April 30, 2004

Jeff Buckley: Grace

Another closeyoureyes recommendation:
1. Mojo Pin (Buckley/Lucas) - 5:42
2. Grace (Buckley/Lucas) - 5:22
3. Last Goodbye (Buckley) - 4:35
4. Lilac Wine (Shelton) - 4:32
5. So Real (Buckley/Tighe) - 4:43
6. Hallelujah (Cohen) - 6:53
7. Lover, You Should've Come Over (Buckley) - 6:43
8. Corpus Christi Carol (for Roy) (Britten) - 2:56
9. Eternal Life (Buckley) - 4:52
10. Dream Brother (Buckley/Grondahl/Johnson) - 5:26
My reaction was mixed to this album. Most I like (2, 3, 6, 7). Some I don't (5, 9). However, on the whole, it's not bad for a first album. There are always many others to follow. But unfortunately, he died three years later (May 29, 1997). So, there are only the ones in between.

I reflected on my comment last night about my music related entries. Boring was a poorly chosen word. I think a more accurate word is lame, as they don't communicate much. But then again, what I write weren't really meant as reviews as such. They just reflect my immediate impressions on an intuitive level. But hopefully, I won't be stuck forever listening to music on a sensual plane.

No comments: