Tuesday, April 13, 2004

A magic wand might help

If I am a writer, I would worry. Since I don't have the talent, it doesn't bother me that much. In many way, I'm glad that I don't have the afflictions that creative writers do, as the review Doctor conducts thorough examination of the writing process, about the book Midnight Disease: The Drive to Write, Writer’s Block, and the Creative Brain seems to imply.
...
Interestingly, although writers may feel protective of their muse, Flaherty notes that recent experimental studies are suggesting that in the future, medical treatment may help with problems of creativity. "There has been some evidence," she says, "that transcortical magnetic stimulation using a wand over the temporal lobe can produce in some people the sensation of being visited by the muse."
A magic magnetic wand might help. But, in my case I wouldn't hold my breath.

No comments: