Monday, July 12, 2004

Patti Scialfa followed by Robi Draco Rosa

I'm going to have to block out Sunday nights from now on between the hours of 9pm and 11pm to tune into the broadcast of Music Choice on CN8, The Comcast Network. Last night was the second time that I stumbled in by accident. The first was a month ago, on The Corrs.

Similarly, I tuned in late to Patti Scialfa who is completely unknown to me. It was a delightful sight to discover this georgous red-head (though not as georgeous as magnolia, of course) singing harmony with the other red-head Soozie Tyrell, the violinist in the band. The energy of the band was so engaging that I gladly set aside my normal preference for soft music. This is especially significant, as it was getting close to bedtime and I certainly don't need too much stimulation.
MUSIC CHOICE® presents singer-songwriter and E Street Band member Patti Scialfa featuring special guests Steve Jordan, Nils Lofgren, Willy Weeks, Clifford Carter, Mark Stewart, Bruce Springsteen, and Soozie Tyrell! This rare and intimate television performance, filmed in New York City in April 2004, includes some of the most talented members of the world-renowned E Street Band like you've never seen them before! Patti will be performing songs from her upcoming solo release, 23rd Street Lullaby, which is due in stores June 15th. Don't miss this unique opportunity to see one of rock's finest female artists!



After the show on Patti Scialfa, I decided to see what Robi Draco Rosa is all about. He's complete new to me also. After five minutes, I was hook for the rest of the hour, even though it now past my bedtime.

I'm not usually a Latin music fan, although I like Santana and Mango Blue. But I found Robi Rosa very different. He has a very provocative stage presence. I have only one word to describe him, eclectic. Sufficiently so that I'll have to listen to his albums to get a better appreciation.

There were a couple of songs that I'm sure closeyoureyes will like, for someone who like the music of Fuel.
MUSIC CHOICE® presents Robi Draco Rosa as part of our concerts in June! Latin singer-songwriter and producer Robi Draco Rosa began as part of the teen pop sensation Menudo and then became the lead singer of the critically acclaimed alternative band Maggie's Dream. Robi also helped to write hit Latin pop songs "Livin La Vida Loca" and "Cup of Life" for fellow Menudo member Ricky Martin! Robi's latest endeavor, Mad Love, is a passionate Latin rock album that features introspective tracks and bluesy guitar riffs. Don't miss this breakthrough show!

No comments: