Friday, October 01, 2004

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless MindI was surprised when he showed up yesterday afternoon with the DVD. It can't be true, this is not his type of movie. But when he told me he plan to watch it with his girlfriend later, it all made sense. The things guys do for gals they like. That his twin brother said afterward that he liked it too was initially a surprise. Then I remember that he enjoys eclectic and unpredictable movie. So, it wasn't all that surprising after all. Teenagers!

So, I watch it with them. I liked the movie too. Too bad I was distracted with other things that I didn't give it my full attention. Kate Winslet is fabulous as usual. But most remarkable is Mark Ruffalo who plays Stan, a role radically different from the charcter Detective Malloy in In the Cut. If you like Being John Malkovich, you'll be sure to like this one. They were both written by Charlie Kaufman, whom I had to pleasure to watch the interview of him by Charlie Rose last March.

As a final note, what a coincidence that closeyoureyes watched the movie yesterday as well (albeit with a more personal impact). What are the odd?

No comments: