Sunday, October 24, 2004

Lilith Fair, Vol. 2

Lilith Fair, Vol. 2Normally, I go in sequence. The reason for Volume 2 before Volume 1 this time is due to one song on the album, Sway. Sway by Bic Runga was the song sung by Carrie Niziolek of the Resonance, an a cappella group during the Greater Boston Invitational Songfest at MIT recently. I was so enchanted by her performance that it piqued my interest to hear it sung by the original artist. In ther version her, I was surprise at how different they sounded. If I hadn't paid attention, I would think they were two different songs. I'm now even more curious to hear the original version. As for the other songs on this album, they were a nice and varied mix. I like them all except for the one by Queen Latifah.
1 Fire on Babylon Sinead OConnor 7:28
2 Never Know Angelique Kidjo 4:51

3 Life Queen Latifah 5:27
4 Island Heather Nova 5:09
5 New Thing Now Shawn Colvin 3:45
6 Angel Sarah McLachlan ... 5:58
7 Down by the Sea Morcheeba 5:19
8 I Do Lisa Loeb 3:44
9 Sway Bic Runga 3:14
10 In the Ghetto Natalie Merchant 4:12
11 Miles from Our Home Cowboy Junkies 4:19
12 Meathook Tracy Bonham 3:13
13 Elmo Holly McNarland 5:41
14 Trampoline Wild Strawberries 3:52

No comments: