Sunday, October 24, 2004

Observatory Night

I'm normally very punctual when attending events. But tonight I decided to be just on time:
The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge sponsors free programs for the general public on the third Thursday of every month throughout the year. The "Observatory Nights" feature a nontechnical lecture and telescopic observing from the observatory roof if weather permits. The lectures are intended for high school age and older audiences but children are also welcome. Seating is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open at 7:30 pm and programs begin at 8:00 pm. Parking is available.
I figured, how popular can A Stroll Through The Sun's Neighborhood be, especially on such an overcast night. I should have gotten a clue when I arrived at 7:55pm to a practically full parking lot. The disappointment, to be turned away even before I got to the door because the Auditorium was already full. Well, this won't happen again next time.

No comments: